Wigneswaran rejects MR’s invitation
The Tamil National Alliance (TNA) today rejected the invitation extended to Chief Minister C.Wigneswaran by President Mahinda Rajapaksa to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Indian Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi stating that such collusion would give a false impression to the International Community.
In a media communiqué, the TNA said such participation would provide the impression that the Northern Provincial Council and the Central Government had a strong relationship.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024