Arjuna should first join the Govt before seeking portfolio – Minister Aluthgamage
Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage said that DNA MP Arjuna Ranatunga should first cross over to the Government and sit in the Government benches before asking for the Sports Minister portfolio.
The Minister was referring to the recent statement made by MP Arjuna Ranatunga that he would accept the Sports Portfolio if it is offered to him.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa would certainly consider his request for the ministerial portfolio. However, the most important thing is that he first should join the Government, the Minister told the Sunday Observer.
The Minister said that Ranatunga would not succeed in securing a portfolio if he continues to criticise the Government outside Parliament. Therefore I call upon the MP to first join the Government.
Source: Sunday Observer
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023