Bus fares to be increased by 7% from April
Posted in Local News
Private bus operators have decided to increase bus fares starting from April 01.
Bus fares will be increased by 7 per cent, President of the Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association Gemunu Wijeratne said at a press conference in Colombo today.
However, the LPBOA chairman assured that the minimum bus fare will not increased.
Wijeratne last week claimed that the Minister of Private Transport had agreed to increase bus fares following a discussion held at the ministry between representatives from the National Transport Commission (NTC) and private bus unions.
However, Minister C.B. Ratnayake had denied that a decision has been reached regarding a hike in bus fares. (Courtesy: Ada Derana)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023