Court issues stay order on Sri Lanka Cricket’s Interim Committee
The Court of Appeal today (November 07) issued a stay order suspending the operation of the gazette notification in respect of Sri Lanka Cricket’s Interim Committee appointed by the Sports Minister Roshan Ranasinghe.
Accordingly, the stay order preventing the operation of the seven-member Interim Committee is effective for 14 days.
This order was issued by the Court of Appeal after considering a petition filed by the Chairman of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) Shammi Silva today (November 07).
- Sports Minister appoints Interim Committee for Sri Lanka Cricket
- President not informed about appointment of Interim Committee for Sri Lanka Cricket
- Sri Lanka appointed a cabinet sub-committee to look into activities of Sri Lanka Cricket
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023