Daily loss of Rs. 1 billion due to power cuts: PUCSL
Sri Lankan economy loses around Rs. One Billion daily due to the existing power cuts.
This was revealed by the Mr. Janaka Ratnayake, Chairman of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL).
Mr. Ratnayake said that the country’s economy loses Rs. 156 per unit of electricity due to the ongoing power cuts.
Meanwhile, power cuts lasting for 03 and a half hours will also be imposed today (March 06).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023