Diesel consignment donated by China to reach Colombo tomorrow (26)
The Government of China has donated 10.6 million litres (9,000 metric tonnes) of Diesel to Sri Lanka for farmers and fishermen in Sri Lanka.
The “Super Eastern” vessel carrying diesel is scheduled to arrive in the country from Singapore to the Port of Colombo tomorrow (November 26), the Embassy of China in Colombo said in a tweet.
The embassy earlier tweeted that China will donate 10.6 million litres of diesel to farmers and fishermen in remote areas of Sri Lanka, to upgrade livelihood in the most affected sectors of agriculture & fishery.
The shipments are scheduled between November and December, and will be distributed to the needed asap.
Reassuring support for Sri Lanka, the Chinese government has handed over 5,500 metric tons of rice and essential medicines worth LKR 3 billion over the past 5 months as emergency humanitarian donations to the island nation.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023