Five judge bench to peruse petitions filed on Port City Commission Bill
A Five Judge bench of Supreme Court was appointed yesterday to consider the petitions filed challenging the Colombo Port City Economic Commission Bill.
The five-judge panel include Chief Justice Jayantha Jayasuriya and Justices Buwaneka Aluvihare, Priyantha Jayawardena, Murdu Fernando and Janak De Silva.
Accordingly, the petitions were filed by several parties including UNP Chairman Vajira Abeywardena, its General Secretary Palitha Range Bandara, Chairman of the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) Engineer Kapila Renuka Perera, Executive Director of Center for Policy Alternatives (CPA) Dr. Pakiyasothi Saravanmuthu and former Parliamentarian Wasantha Samarasinghe.
The Bar Association of Sri Lanka (BASL) also filed a petition challenging the Colombo Port City Economic Commission Bill.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yoshitha Perera)
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023