Fonseka’s accomplices involved in offering bribes
Source: Gov News – News.lk – Lankacnews
Two accomplices of opposition candidate, Sarath Fonseka today were reported to have offered Rs.30 million as a ‘bribe’ to National Freedom Front Parliamentarian, M.Muzaimil at room number 205 at Hotel Sapphire, Wellawatte, authoritative sources said.
The alleged bribe had been offered to the MP requesting his presence at one of Fonseka’s press briefings to say the Hicorp arms deal was a charge made up and fabricated by the government against Fonseka.
Sources said that of the Rs.30 million, Rs.10 million had been paid earlier and the recipient had been asked to come today for the balance.
The two accomplices have been identified as M. Mustapha and Nazeer Ahamed.
Sources claimed of video and audio proof of this transaction done at the Wellawate Hotel.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023