High Security Zones removed
Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe has issued an extraordinary gazette revoking the order issued declaring the High Security Zones.
Accordingly, High Security Zones will be revoked with effect from 01 October 2022.
On September 23, 2022 an Extraordinary Gazette notification was issued by the President of Sri Lanka declaring several areas in Colombo as High-Security Zones.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023