Inland Revenue Act to be simplified and modernized
Cabinet of Ministers has approved the proposal made by Minister of Finance Ravi Karunanayake to instruct the Legal Draftsman to redraft the Inland Revenue Act in par with international standards and improving clarity and transparency as proposed by the budget 2016.
Inland Revenue Act No 10 of 2016 provides legal provisions to impose income tax in Sri Lanka but the periodical amendments to the Act have complicated the procedure. According to the Minister, the simplification and modernization of the act will help attracting investors; a timely requirement.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023