It is the right time for MR-UN Chief
UN chief Ban Ki-moon said that it is the right time for President Mahinda Rajapaksa to address the issues including rights violation in a speedy and judicious manner.
In an interview with PTI, Ban has said it is important to ensure that there is accountability and the process of addressing the rights violations is ‘very transparent.’
“In addressing all these issues, the human rights and humanitarian concerns, human lives should be given the first and foremost priority,” Ban said. The UN chief said he has been urging with the Sri Lankan leadership to take all necesary measures to ensure human rights are protected and promoted.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023