Minister Champika and 23 others observe Dasa Sil
Minister of Power and Energy Patali Champika Ranawaka, Western Province Minister Udaya Prabhath Gammanpila, Nishantha Sri Warnasinghe together with 21 other devotees, clad in white shaved their heads according to buddhist rituals and embarked on a 10 day Dasa Sil observance and Meditation at Sadhaham Sevana Viharaya, Gothami Road Rajagiriya last morning. In preparation for the 2600th Sri Sambuddha Jayanthiya, observing the Dasa sil ritual is the highest form of religious observance obtainable by a common person.
This group was entered into temporary consecrated life by a group of distinguished monks. Chief incumbent of the Amarapura Chapter Agga Maha Panditha Dawuldena Gnanissara Mahanayaka Thero, the main Amarapura Dhammarakkitha Order assistant Chief Incumbent Thrikunamale Ananda Thero, Kotte Kalyana Dharmasri Sanga committee Pathberiye Wimalagnana Thero, Dr. Omalpe Sobitha Thero, Athuraliye Rathana Thero, Chief incumbent of America Madawala Punyagee Thero, including 30 monks performed the rituals at the auspicious time of 8.00 am yesterday.
Subsequent to the afternoon alms giving, the group headed by Minister Ranawaka who entered temporary consecrated life by observing Dasa Sil at the Kanduboda Wipassana Bhawana Center will engage in Meditation and observance of seela for 10 days.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023