MR lauds MS for Sinhala speech at UN
Former president Mahinda Rajapaksa said that he felt proud when he saw President Maithripala Sirisena speaking in Sinhala at the General Assembly of the United Nations in New York early few weeks ago.
“I felt proud as a Sinhalese, when he (President Sirisena) spoke in our mother tongue in front of the world, although some were trying to give wrong interpretation to speaking in Sinhala at international fora,” the former president said, at a book launch in Colombo yesterday.
He also reminded the listeners that he had spoken both in Sinhala and Tamil at the UN General Assembly for the first time in history.
He also said that the country should be vigilant as some superpowers were trying to put pressure on Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Hey mahinda, Don’t you know Mr.Sirisena does not know English? Its not the patriots of nation. However Mr.Sirisena is far better talking in his own tongue but it is unbearable when you talk in English. We genuinely know that you are insulting Mr. President of Sri Lanka and loads of hidden agenda’s in ur mind, simultaneously we are praising and applauding Mr. Sirisena for his courage and dares..
Citizens of Sri Lanka must know how mahinda circling and conspiring . Any how we are not fools.