Two persons arrested with 1,100kg of illegally imported turmeric
Posted in Local News
Two suspects have been arrested in the area of Modara while in possession of a smuggled-in consignment of turmeric, Police Spokesperson DIG Ajith Rohana said.
During a raid carried out by the officers of Modara Police, a total of 1,128kg of turmeric concealed in 24 parcels was taken into custody along with a lorry.
Police suspect that the turmeric consignment was brought to Sri Lanka via sea routes.
The suspects are due to be produced before the Hulftsdorp Magistrates Court today.
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023