PM reiterates commitment to abolishing executive presidency
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, on Tuesday (10), reiterated his commitment to abolishing the executive presidency and resolvng the national question.
UNP leader Wickremesinghe gave the assurance at an event at Temple Trees.
He said that he expected a government with the required strength in Parliament to achieve what the current dispensation had promised.
The PM said that another five-year term was required to continue with the process initiated in 2015.
The UNP leader has declared his intention to contest 2019 presidential poll (SF)
(Source: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023