Prisons Dept. yet to settle Rs. 60 to SF
Posted in Local News
Kalutara district UNP MP Palitha Thevarapperuma yesterday claimed that the Prisons Department was yet to settle Rs. 60 to former Army Commander Sarath Fonseka
“When the former Army Chief was serving the prison term, he was assigned to work in the ‘Laundry party’ at the Welikada prison. When you work there, you are entitled to a certain amount of money for the work you do. But this prison authority had failed to pay some Rs. 60 due to Mr. Fonseka,” Mr. Thevarapperuma charged.
He said although the former Army Commander had demanded the money before leaving prison, the Prisons Department had failed to do so.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Mr.Thavarapperuma has brought into limelight that Mr.Fonseka has served in the laundry (dhoby) section during his prison life.We were under the impression that he was most of the time in the prison hospital and he had all privileges entertaining his wife and vice versa,could meet VIPP and was a virtual VIP himself undergoing State sponsorship.Was he asked to serve in the conservancy section or the janitorial section and his bills settled correctly?