Ranjan banned from having visitors for two weeks
Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayake, who pleaded guilty to posing for a selfie with Parliamentarian Harshana Rajakaruna, has been banned from having visitors for two weeks.
The Department of Prisons said the sentence was imposed under provisions of the Prisons Ordinance.
Prisons spokesman Chandana Ekanayake said that the Ranjan Ramanayake was produced before the Prison Diciplinery Board and found guilty for having a taken selfie.
MP Rajakaruna, who visited Ranjan Ramanayake at the Angunakolapelessa Prison had taken a selfie there and later posted it on his Facebook page.
MP Ramanayake is currently serving a four year rigorous prison sentence on charges of contempt of court.
The jailor who allowed MP Rajakaruna to carry his phone with him and take a selfie with Ramanayake was also interdicted.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
The SJB Parliamentarian should be suspended from Parliament for having blatantly broken the Laws of the land.
We cannot expect SJB to take disciplinary action on its member because they know not what they are doing.