Sarath Weerasekara sworn as Minister of Public Security
Rear Admiral Dr. Sarath Weerasekara has been sworn in as the new Minister of Public Security a short while ago.
He took oath as the new Minister before President Gotabaya Rajapaksa at the Presidential Secretariat, President’s Media Division stated.
Sarath Weerasekara has been serving at the State Ministry of Provincial Councils and Local Government Affairs.
Meanwhile, Chamal Rajapaksa has been sworn in as State Minister of State Security, Home Affairs and Disaster Management.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023