Sepal Amarasinghe further remanded until February 21
Sri Lankan YouTuber Sepal Amarasinghe who made statements defaming the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa) further remanded until February 21, 2023.
The court gave this order after Sepal Amarasinghe was produced before Colombo Chief Magistrate Prasanna Alwis today (February 14).
Sepal Amarasinghe has announced through his lawyer Attorney-at-law Darshana Kuruppu that he is ready to deliver a public apology to the Buddhist community living all over the world.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023