Warrant out for Sarana
Attanagalle Magistrate B. D. R. Sisira Kumara yesterday issued a warrant against Deputy Petroleum Minister Sarana Gunawardena for failing to appear in Court in a case where he is charged, along with some others, with entering a property belonging to a construction firm and causing damage to it.
The suspects in this case are Deputy Minister Gunawardena, Chairman of the Attanagalle Pradeshiya Sabha Upul Mahendra Rajapaksa and 18 government and opposition members of the same PS.
If the Dy. Minister had attended parliament yesterday, the Magistrate further ordered that he should submit a letter from the Secretary General of Parliament stating so.
Courtesy: The Island
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023