“I would have been a pilot now if i did not venture into politics” – Sajith Premadasa
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa said on Saturday (March 18) that he wished to become a pilot if he didn’t venture into politics.
Speaking at an Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) rally in Kolonnawa on Saturday Premadasa said “Just as a pilot is responsible for the lives of passengers, the government is also responsible for safeguarding lives,”.
Premadasa further said that the Government was only making the economy smaller instead of strengthening it.
He further said even during the war, then President Ranasinghe Premadsa had discussed with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and had implemented IMF agreements.
“But, he never agreed on proposals to make the economy smaller or to put the burden on the people. The difference between now and then was, he was able to propose Sri Lanka’s own agreements to the IMF. But, now we implement what the IMF has proposed,” Premadasa said.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
What a joke. He as a pilot. May be as a bus driver. I will stop flying immediately if he became a pilot. the best thing is if you put two wheels either side of him, he will look like a jumbo jet.
You made it Sir, no wonder as a politician you are a part-time Bus Driver !!
Unfortunately, Bus Drivers in Sri Lanka are never responsible for the lives of passengers.
Yes Sir….just like Late Rajiv Gandhi of India! You might have ended up eating spaghetti too.
Why do you feel this? Because you understand your crew including Hiruni and Senasinghe can never manage the flight.
Get into the NPP flight; your flight will crash soon.
Not only Hirunika, Marrikar, Fonseka and Sujeeva, the rest of the team including Eran & Harsha know that the leader is a dumb head.
Only Madduma Bandara appreciates this guy.
The Leader is a human being and deserves respect but he is suffering severe intellectual incapacity from birth.
He should recognise this incurable deficiency, retire and pursue the ill-gotten family wealth.