Nathasha Edirisooriya and Bruno Divakara further remanded
Stand-up comedian Nathasha Edirisooriya and the owner of the ‘SL VLOG’ YouTube channel Bruno Divakara, were further remanded until June 21 by the Fort Magistrate Court.
Nathasha Edirisooriya, who had made certain disrespectful remarks on Buddhism, was arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) on May 28 while attempting to leave the country.
Subsequently, the CID arrested the ‘SL VLOG’ owner Bruno Divakara on May 31, after grilling him for more than 08 hours over the recent controversial comments of the stand-up comedian.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023